accuracy assessment of DFT functionals, thermodynamics of metals, free energy contributions, code development, PAW calculations for metals, ab-initio-based thermodynamics, phase transitions in metals, instable phases, nanoparticles, strength and ductility of metals
- May 2012 - Present | Head of 'Adaptive Structural Materials' group (MPIE)
- Apr. 2011 - Apr. 2012 | Postdoc at Lawrence Livermore National Lab, USA
- Jan. 2010 - Mar. 2011 | Postdoc at the MPIE in the framework of the 'Nachwuchsakademie der Deutschen Forschungsgemeinschaft' (excellence academy for young scientists sponsored by the German research foundation)
- Apr. 2005 - Dec. 2009 | PhD Student at the MPIE Düsseldorf; PhD-Thesis: 'Towards ab initio assisted materials design: DFT based thermodynamics up to the melting point'
- May 2004 - Mar. 2005 | Diploma thesis: 'Ab initio investigations of magnetic phase transitions in iron'
- Oct. 2001 - Mar. 2005 | Study of physics (HII) at the university of Paderborn including various student assistant positions in the physics and informatics department