Materials Day 2016
The doctoral programme IMPRS-SurMat and the Materials Research Department of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum organize a Materials Days on 25th October
September 15, 2016
The Materials Day 2016 is a joint workshop of the doctoral programme IMPRS-SurMat and the Materials Research Department of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum
The workshop will showcase recent research highlights from the Research Department and the Research School.
The following invited speakers have confirmed their attendance:
- Gunther Eggeler, Ruhr-Universität Bochum: On dislocation reactions in γ-channels of Ni-based single crystals in the low-temperature high-stress regime
- Michael Horn von Hoegen, Universität Duisburg-Essen: Ultrafast electron diffraction at surfaces.
- Christoph Janiak, Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf: Soft wet-chemical synthesis of catalytically active metal nanoparticles in ionic liquids.
- Christian Liebscher, MPI für Eisenforschung Düsseldorf: Complex alloys down to atomic resolution.
- Dimitrios Manganas, MPI für Chemische Energiekonversion Mülheim a.d.R.: A unified view on heterogeneous and homogeneous catalysts through the eyes of theoretical spectroscopy.
- Beatriz Roldan Cuenya, Ruhr-Universität Bochum: t.b.a.
The Materials Day takes place on 25th October 2016 in the conference centre of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum. Invited talks will be 30 min. including discussions, contributed talks 15 min. including discussions.
During the 2 hour lunch break there will be a poster session. Abstracts can be handed in via the online-registration form. Poster format is A0 upright.
Registration is online only. The conference is free of charge.
Please register here until 10th October 2016.