Assistant Professor Dr. Nagamani Jaya BalilaGastwissenschaftlerin
Funktionelle oxidische Nanostrukturen
Nano- und Mikromechanik der Materialien
Study of deformation and fracture mechanisms across interfaces in materials at the micro- and nano-scale using in situ micro-mechanical techniques in SEM and synchrotron combined with system specific FEM simulations, in order to understand changing material behavior with shrinking external dimensions (miniaturization of devices) and internal material length scales.
Academic Awards & Honors
1. Visiting fellowship award for 2017-18 from Xi’an Jiatong University (CampNano), China, 2017
2. DST-International Travel Support grant for attending TMS 2017
3. Nominated Head of the Partner Group of the Max Planck Society with Max Planck Institut fuer Eisenforschung GmbH at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2017-2020
4. Young Faculty Award, IIT-Bombay, 2016-2021
5. Acta Materialia 2015 Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing, 2015.
6. MPI scholarship grant for post-doctoral research (3 years) at Max Planck Institut fuer Eisenforschung GmbH, 2013-2016.
7. CSIR Travel Grant and IIM-SJEF grant for attending TMS-2013.
8. Best poster award in the ECI conference on Nanomechanical Testing in Materials Research and Development, Canary Islands, Spain, 2011
9. Best presentation award in the National Metallurgical Day-2010 (Mechanical Behavior category), Bangalore, 2010
10. Best poster award at International Symposium for Research Scholars, IIT Madras, Chennai, 2010
11. Institute of Engineers Award and Metallurgical Engineering Association Award for securing 2nd rank in B Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, NITK, India, 2007
12. All India Rank 2 in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) for Metallurgical Engineering; Recipient of MHRD fellowship for GATE scholars, 2007
13. Indian Institute of Foundry Cash Prize for securing highest marks in Foundry Technology in B.Tech. NITK, 2007
Advisor: Prof. Gerhard Dehm
2007-2013: Ph.D. (Materials Engineering) Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India
Thesis: Microscale fracture testing of graded (Pt,Ni)Al bond coats
Advisor: Prof. Vikram Jayaram
2003-2007: B.Tech. (Metallurgical and Materials Engineering) National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal, India
Thesis: Influence of austempering parameters on the microstructure and properties of Austempered Ductile Iron
Advisor: Prof. Prasad Rao